Saturday 12 May 2012

Prom

How typical teenage girl of me to be worried about prom.... but its really worrying me.
I have had exams this Month, a total of 15 exams. It has been stressing me out. I haven't been pulling as much as I thought I would but still... my thin spots are thinning.
It's really hard to cover up my thin spots on the side and I need a really thick head band. So how the heck am I going to style my hair for prom??
I've been researching "up-dos with thick headbands" and the outcome is not the best. I am really worried about going to a hair dresser. I haven't been to one in 4 years. My plan is to call a local hairdresser and book an appointment way before prom. I think I will talk to her, tell her about my hair pulling and try to think of hair styles with her. It really sucks that I have to do this.
All my friends are getting exciting about hair styles and what they are going to do. Well, there isn't much I can do. And I have to spend time stressing about it. The worst part is I am going to have pictures from this night and years to come I'll be looking at them with regret.
Regret that I didn't meet my goal of having thick, style-able hair by prom.
Regret that I spent my years of high school worrying about my hair.
I even regret looking at my grad pictures. It's just a constant reminder of my hair pulling filled life.

:(

3 comments:

  1. It's frustrating, isn't it. No matter how much you want to stop it feels nearly impossible to do. I'm going throuhg the same thing and it's horrible. I am trying really hard to stop but it's just so hard. I hope the hairdresser is helpful. Don't worrry, I'm sure you'll figure something out. I don't know when your prom is but I hope it goes well and that you find a successful hair style that works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Well, I went for a consultation before. I just ignored my nervousness and told the hairdresser. She was really supportive and we figure out a style that would look best. On the night, my hair has not looked so good in years. I had a bun and the hairdresser made the bun thick somehow and I wore and chic headband that went with my dress. I felt beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad to hear that you felt comfortable and beautiful! It's rare that I feel pretty so I'm glad you felt like a princess for the night! :)

    ReplyDelete