Saturday 19 January 2013

Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Ep 11

So the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy had a girl with trichotillomania in it! The episode was called 'The End is the Beginning is The End'
http://www.ctv.ca/GreysAnatomy.aspx?vp=129596
The girl was quiet and shy and worked hard a school. She didn't have bald spots, she had a full head of hair which is okay, but I would have liked it if she did. But of course, us Trichsters do whatever we can to hide our damage. This girl ate her hair and had to have surgery. After the surgery there was a good dialect about Trichotillomania, which I approve.
So what will this mean for us? I wonder if my friend's will pick up on it. One of them did. But I think because the girl didn't have bald spots/ wearing a headband maybe people won't connect it.
The word about Trichotillomania is spreading.
Sometimes I don't want people to know, I like to be under the radar and not draw attention to myself.
On the other had, I want people to know about it, to understand, and accept.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sara,

    I found your blog tonight while doing a search for the Grey's Anatomy episode on Trich. I have it too! I am 32 and have had it since I was 13. I have joined a really helpful support group that has a Facebook page . . . it is so nice to know we are not alone in this. Thank you for helping to increase awareness about this.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I'm Jeanne. I'm 13 years old and I have trich too!
    There is a lot of people who mak make fun of me and think I have cancer.
    When is this nightmare going to end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric Dane is reportedly leaving Grey's Anatomy Season 9 dvd box set , so there is a strong chance he will die from the same plane crash that took his beloved. There have been hints about Owen being impacted in an unpredictable way by the crash, so fans will have to see if he can work with Yang to get past his infidelity. Even though Meredith and Derek were debating about leaving Seattle Grace, the impact of his injured hand might keep the two characters residing at the show's featured hospital. One things for sure, the premiere of Grey's Anatomy Season 9 dvd box set should be packed with as many surprises as the Season 8 finale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As grey's anatomy season 9 dvd box set creator Shonda Rhimes previously promised, no man-made catastrophes of the plane crash, bus accident or gunman variety are on tap for the ABC drama’s grey's anatomy season 9 dvd box set finale.
    But make no mistake, the staffers at Grey+Sloan Memorial aren’t getting off that easy.
    Rhimes sent grey's anatomy season 9 dvd box set fans into a veritable tizzy when she tweeted a month ago that everything she previously said about this season’s finale “NO LONGER STANDS,” adding, scandal season 2 dvd box set “We changed everything.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Mina and I also have trich; I'm fourteen and have had it since eleven. I'm currently attending a boarding school, and wear a hat full time to cover the huge bald patch on the back of my head. People ask me about it almost daily, and my response, because I can't think of a good one, is "I like hats." They obviously don't believe me, but they don't pursue the subject. I thought I'd be over it by now, and I'm really disappointed in myself because I'm not, and it's only getting worse. If you guys know of ANY way that has helped you, please share.
    -Mina
    P.S. Sara, this blog is awesome! It really helps psychologically to read about other people with trich. Keep it up, and thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete