Tuesday 24 April 2012

'I'm Mad' by Fleming

Something that all of us with Trich can relate to:

 So very mad

I'm mad.
I'm mad that I'm judged by the lack of hair on my head.
I'm mad that I let what other people think about my appearance upset me so.
I'm mad that I let it have so much control over my life.
I'm mad that it has power over my ability to get close to people.
I'm mad at God (if there is a God) for allowing this to happen.
I'm mad that I'm terrified to have children because I don't want for them to have this horrible condition.
I'm mad that hair matters so much in society.
I'm mad that I cringe at my reflection.
I'm mad that when I hear someone say "you are pretty" that in the back of my mind a voice says "lies, lies, lies."
I'm mad at doctors and pharmaceutical companies don't recognize Trichotillomania as real medical condition.
I'm mad that I can't wear cute hair accessories. 
I'm mad that I'm ashamed of myself.
I'm mad that I have no control over this condition. 
I'm mad that I may never be considered beautiful. 
I'm mad that I may never overcome Trichotillomania.
I'm mad that I have a hard time talking about it.
I'm mad that it has to matter so much to others.
I'm mad that it matters to much to me.
I'm mad that I have a hard time being idle without doing severe damage to my appearance.
I'm mad that when I dream I have beautiful hair and when I wake up it's not there.
I'm mad that I feel like my Trich is a burden to others.
I'm mad that strangers feel they have the right to ask me about it or try to touch my head.
I'm mad that commericals for hair products bring me down a knotch.
I'm mad that I can't see myself as others see me.
I'm mad that I'm mad and I'm so very mad.

And I'm tired of being mad. I'm tired of having this anger and this frustration. I'm just tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment