Friday 13 April 2012

Tools That I have Used

These are the tools I have used over 9 years:
  • Spinner Rings- wear one every day... don't know how effective it with helping with my hair pulling but it's a comfort thing. http://store.trich.org/category_s/77.htm
  • Pickles- plastics you put on your fingers. They don't really work if you have to use a laptop regularly. http://store.trich.org/product_p/t-picklefingers.htm
  • Diary- It's nice to get all those feelings out.
  • Wearing a hat- living in a dorm I get weird looks but when I am really stressed and studying; I wear a hat. 
  • Tape- I put tape around my fingers, however it can get itchy. This usually results in me becoming frustrated.
  • Elastic- every time I am about to pull I snap myself. Occasionally works.
  • Work books- very tedious but some have good advice
  • Tensing hand for 10 seconds- however you have to be aware that you are pulling.
  • Clasp hands- again, same as above
  • Ice pack on face- I have found that coolness on my face helps. Why? I don't know!
  • Eating- Crackers, sun-flower seeds or chewing gum. Munching on something helps relieve the urge to pull. 
Will continue to add more when they come to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment