Tuesday 24 April 2012

A Poem By Fleming

can't hide the damage

the bathroom tile can't hide the damage.
a graveyard of those deemed unworthy to stay behind and grow full and long.

the sink and counter can't hide the damage. 
the now unwanted hair lies motionless, having been defeated by the restless hands.

the bedside floor can't hide the damage. 
the remnants of a lost battle reveal the duration of an urge which couldn't be stopped.

the driver side of the car can't hide the damage. 
the dangerous distraction shows the tangled mound of unlucky victims.

my reflection can't hide the damage. 
the shiny bald patches are a constant reminder of my lack of self control. 
my reflection can't hide the damage. it stares back at me sharing what others see. 
my reflection can't hide the damage, the damage that I have done, 
the damage I wish I couldn't see.  
http://alifewithouthair.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment